Software package for a SunOS workstation

Brian Fristensky frist at cc.umanitoba.ca
Tue Feb 10 16:29:10 EST 1998

WZhao68 wrote:

> Hello there, we are setting up a SUNOS machine in our facility. We are doing a
> lot of large scale sequencing analysis, comparison, gene hunting, and we need a
> graphic interface.
> What  kinds of software should get on this machine, and where should we get
> them?

  The BIRCH sequence analysis facility at the University of
Manitoba is a free-ware based collection of programs and
databases for sequence analysis. While I am not
distributing a package as such, BIRCH will give you an
idea about how to set up such a system at your site.
See:

http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~psgendb

Brian Fristensky                |
Department of Plant Science     |  "Computers are useless:
University of Manitoba          |   All they give you are answers."
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2  CANADA    |
frist at cc.umanitoba.ca           |  Pablo Picasso
Office phone:   204-474-6085    |
FAX:            204-474-7528    |