Tetramitus Assay

Dr. Robert Jaffe rjaffe at envirolab.com
Thu Oct 29 15:16:54 EST 1998

Dear Sir/Madam:

I would like to introduce myself. I am the director, founder, president and
sole employee of Environmental Toxicology Laboratory. ETL is a small
research, development and testing laboratory, concentrating its efforts on
new approaches to toxicity testing. ETL has developed and patented a simple,
rapid and inexpensive toxicity screen for water and other types of
biological samples. This test, the Tetramitus Assay, has significant
advantages over other bioassays, most importantly true whole particle
toxicity testing. The potential uses of the test run the spectrum from
chemical, pharmaceutical and consumer product testing to water, soil, food
and air analysis. The basic science of this test has been published in the
journal Toxicology and Industrial Health (Jaffe, R.L., Rapid assay of
cytotoxicity using Tetramitus flagellates, Toxicology and Industrial Health;
Vol. 11, No. 5, pp.543-558, 1995.) Additional information can be found on
ETL's web site at http://www.envirolab.com. I write to you because I am
truly interested in speaking with those who may have an interest in learning
more about this new test and its potential applications. As a one person
show, I would be more than happy to discuss a collaboration on the further
development and continuing validation of this technology. Any advice on how
to proceed as this technology grows would be greatly appreciated. If this
message has reached you by mistake, I apologize. If you feel that others may
have an interest in this, please pass it on. Do not hesitate to contact me
if I can provide more information. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Dr. Robert Jaffe - Director ETL
rjaffe at envirolab.com

Web Site:  http://www.envirolab.com
Phone: (718) 392-0185
Fax: (718) 392-8654
Postal Address: Environmental Toxicology Laboratory, LLC
                         45-10 Court Square
                         Long Island City, NY 11101