Job Posting

George A. Heavner gheavner at voicenet.com
Mon Feb 8 14:30:24 EST 1999

On The Edge Of A New Frontier

Centocor, one of the world leaders in the healthcare technology
industry, is winning praises from professional organizations and the
public for its breakthrough products and approaches to DNA technologies.
Now, with new initiatives firmly in place, we’re about to enter an
exciting new era in our history, making a career move to Centocor the
best decision you can make.

Assoc. Scientist, Protein Chemistry
Based in our Protein Chemistry Department, you will synthesize, purify
and characterize modified antibodies, proteins and peptides as well as
run analytical methods (ELISA, LAL amino acid analysis) and BlAcore
analyses. Requires an MS or BS in Biochemistry, Chemistry or a related
field along with 3+ years relevant laboratory experience. Familiarity
with organic synthesis, purification and characterization of
biomolecules and analytical instrumentation and techniques is necessary;
experience with surface plasmon resonance is desirable. Code:
PP-99-JC-O1R, Dept. 252.

Assoc. Scientist, Inflammation Research
Working in our Inflammation Research Department, the successful
candidate will perform protein purification and a variety of standard
protein characterization assays under GLP’s, interpret the results and
summarize information for reports and protocols. Requires HPLC and/or
FPLC experience with affinity, ion exchange and gel filtration
chromatography, and a BS with experience in biochemistry or related
field. Knowledge of immunology, cell culture, statistics and graphing
software desired. Code: CV-99-JC-O1A, Dept. 250.

Centocor offers compensation packages in accordance with its leadership
role in healthcare technology including career development opportunities
and a state of the art work environment. To inquire, please submit
resume with appropriate code numbers listed above to: Human Resources
Dept., Centocor, 200 Great Valley Parkway, Malvern, PA 19355. Fax
610-651-6330. For more information on Centocor or a listing of other
positions now available, please visit our web site at www.centocor.com.