How Scientists Cheat

John Hewitt john.hewitt1 at virign.net
Sun Sep 10 09:45:41 EST 2000

This posting is to introduce readers to my web site
http://freespace.virgin.net/john.hewitt1/  "A Habit of Lies - How Scientists
Cheat."

The scientists in question include include some very senior figures.  The
subject area is cell biology, particularly motility of eukaryotic cells.
This is a large field with implications for many areas of cell biology but
readers will realise that my work is not a proestablishment document.  My
site supports wave driven cell dynamics on amoeboid cells and many protozoa
are known to
display wave motility.  At present I know of none that display the other
kinds of motile mechanisms generally discussed, such as whole membrane
cycling or direct cytoskeletal pulling but I would like to know about any
examples - please E-mail.

I would very much welcome comments about the site itself, especially from
anyone
who could, with authority, challenge my assertions, but I will not be
routinely browsing this discussion group.  If you post a response, please
copy your comments to me by E-mail, mentioning the group.  That way, you
will be sure I will read it and can reply to you.

--

Sincerely Yours

John Hewitt