a question

Huitman Huang huihuang at iupui.edu
Wed Apr 18 14:15:20 EST 2001

Dear All,

  After aminoethylation of polyacrylamide(bio-gel p100),
I wash 1g this amine-containing matrix with water and then with 0.1M
sodium phosphate, 0.15M NaCl, pH 7.0 (coupling buffer). Drain to a
moist cake.And then add 100ml 12.5% glutaraldehyde (w/v) in coupling
buffer to the gel. Again add 0.6 gm sodium cyanoborohydride (toxic;
use a fume hood) or 0.5g sodium borohydride to the gel and mix for
at least 4hr. But when I add glutaraldehyde to gel(matrix),the gel'colour
change from white to yellow immediately,and become more and more deeper,
become brownish black at the end of reaction.

Is it normal?

Thanks in advance!