IEEE Data Mining'03: Call for Participation
icdm at wi-lab.com
icdm at wi-lab.com
Tue Oct 7 03:11:26 EST 2003
[Apologies if you receive this more than once]
IEEE Data Mining 2003: Call for Participation
The 2003 IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM)
to be held at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront, Melbourne, Florida, USA
November 19 - 22, 2003, invites you to attend.
* On-line registration (and other information) is available at
Register by October 17 to get the early-bird rate!
* Registration includes a half-day tour of the NASA Kennedy Space Center!
* Be sure to book hotel rooms by October 31 at 5pm for discounted rates
ICDM received a total of 501 paper submissions this year, from which
58 regular papers, 61 short papers, and 9 industry-track papers were
selected for presentation.
Conference highlights include the following.
* Five Invited Speakers:
- Thomas G. Dietterich, Oregon State University, USA.
"Sequential Supervised Learning:
General Methods for Sequence Labeling and Segmentation"
- Usama M. Fayyad, DMX Group, LLC, USA.
"Grand Challenges on the Road to Practical Data Mining Systems"
- Heikki Mannila, University of Helsinki, Finland.
"Global Structure from Sequences"
- Gene W. Myers, University of California, Berkeley, USA.
"Pattern Discovery for Genomics"
- Philip S. Yu, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA.
"Real-Time Monitoring and Surveillance using Data Stream Mining"
* Four Tutorials:
November 19, Morning
- Chris Ding, "Bioinformatics and Machine Learning Methods"
- Ronen Feldman, "Information Extraction: Theory and Practice"
November 19, Afternoon
- Alexander Hinneburg and Daniel Keim,
"Advances in Clustering and Applications"
- Aleksandar Lazarevic, Jaideep Srivastava, and Vipin Kumar,
"Data Mining for Security Applications"
* Six Full-Day Workshops (November 19):
- Clustering Large Data Sets
- Data Mining for Computer Security (DMSEC '03)
- Foundations and New Directions in Data Mining
- Frequent Itemset Mining Implementations (FIMI '03)
- Privacy Preserving Data Mining (PPDM)
- VDM at ICDM2003: The 3rd International Workshop on Visual Data Mining
* One Panel:
"Security and Data Mining: Funding Priorities and Opportunities"
Panel Chair: Michael J. Pazzani, National Science Foundation, USA.
* 128 Technical Paper Presentations (November 20 - 22, 2003):
There are sessions on Association Analysis, Bayesian Networks,
Clustering, Databases and Datamining, Feature Selection,
Mining Sequential and Hierarchical Data, Mining User Behavior,
Spatial and Temporal Tasks, Support Vector Machines,
Nearest-Neighbor Methods, Privacy-Preserving Datamining,
Linkage-based Methods, Rule-Based Methods, Text Mining,
Visualization, Image Processing, Issues in Supervised Learning, and
More information about the Biomatrx