[Bio-matrix] CFP: Applied Intelligence Special Issue on CBR in the
stefania.montani at unipmn.it
Tue Jul 25 03:51:54 EST 2006
Applied Intelligence Special Issue on CBR in the Health Sciences
Call for Papers
There has been an explosion of interest in health sciences applications of CBR, not only in the traditional CBR in Medicine domain, but also in bioinformatics, enabling home health care technologies, CBR integration, and synergies between CBR and knowledge discovery.
The goals of this special issue are to
* identify important contributions and opportunities for research on the application of CBR to the health sciences
* promote the systematic study of how to apply CBR to the health sciences
* present applications of CBR in the health sciences.
Some of the technical issues addressed are to identify challenges specific to applying CBR to the health sciences, required methodological improvements to fit this context needs, preferred types and domains of applications, and guidelines to better develop CBR systems in this domain.
We welcome all those interested in the problems and promise of CBR in the health sciences, whether or not they have participated in the specialized workshops on CBR in the health sciences.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
* Integration of CBR in health care environments
* CBR in medical decision-support systems
* CBR in medical imaging
* CBR in enabling technologies for those with physical disabilities or chronic health problems
* CBR and knowledge discovery in medicine and the health sciences
* Cognitive approaches to applying CBR to medicine
* Theoretical framework for CBR in medical reasoning
* CBR in bioinformatics
* CBR and evidence-based medicine.
PostScript (compressed and uuencoded) or PDF paper submissions should be formatted according to Applied Intelligence Springer format, with a maximum of forty double spaced pages.
Author's instructions are available on the web at
We will accept only novel and highly innovative papers.
Please email submissions to Stefania Montani at stefania.montani at unipmn.it.
* Submission Deadline: October 15, 2006
* Notification Date: December 15, 2006
* Camera-Ready Deadline: February 15, 2007
* Publication date: Spring 2007
Special issue Web Site:
Special issue guest editors:
Isabelle Bichindaritz, University of Washington
Stefania Montani, University of Piemonte Orientale
Luigi Portinale, University of Piemonte Orientale
Special issue scientific committee:
Agnar Aamodt, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
Riccardo Bellazzi, University of Pavia, Italy
Susan Craw, The Robert Gordon University, Scotland, UK
Peter Funk, Malardalen University, Sweden
Daniel Hennessy, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Lakhmi C. Jain, University of South Australia, Australia
Jean Lieber, Loria, France
Cindy Marling, Ohio University, USA
Stefan V. Pantazi, University of Victoria, Canada
Petra Perner, Institute of Computer Vision and Applied Computer Sciences, Germany
Rainer Schmidt, Institut fur Medizinische Informatik und Biometrie, Germany
Stefania Montani, Ph.D.
Dipartimento di Informatica
Universita' del Piemonte Orientale
Via Bellini 25/g
15100 Alessandria, Italy
email: stefania.montani at unipmn.it
More information about the Biomatrx