[Bio-matrix] 2nd CFP: Neurocomputing: Special Issue on Data Mining Applications and Case Studies

Xingquan (Hill) Zhu via biomatrx%40net.bio.net (by xzhu3 from fau.edu)
Mon Oct 18 07:01:23 EST 2010

Neurocomputing: Special Issue on Data Mining Applications and Case Studies
http://www-staff.it.uts.edu.au/~xqzhu/DMACS.CFP.pdf

Summary and Scope

In this special issue, we intend to compile a number of representative data mining and machine learning applications and case study materials, where the overall objective is to use real-world case studies to inspire researchers to pursue important new technical directions. For this reason, we are particularly interested in papers driven by domain challenges, encompassing accumulated knowledge and measurable outcomes. More specifically, we are particularly interested in (but not limited to) applications and case studies in the following domains.

Life science, healthcare, and biotechnology
Finance, business intelligence, and risk control
Social science, policy, and organizational services
Security, crime control, and public safety
Environment, green computing, and new energy
Space science, astronomy, and earth science
Software systems, systems dependability and software applications

Timeline

Submission deadline: Nov. 30, 2010

Submission
Authors should follow the Neurocomputing guideline to prepare their submissions, and submit their papers online through http://ees.elsevier.com/neucom/default.asp (please select “Special Issue: DMACS” for the Article Type when submitting the paper online). Please also note that your submission is intended for the “data mining applications and case studies” special issue.

Please refer to the following URL for detailed instructions
http://www-staff.it.uts.edu.au/~xqzhu/DMACS.CFP.pdf

Guest Editors:

Xingquan (Hill) Zhu
University of Technology, Sydney