Rice Genome newsletter issue two available

Guest2 Yuzo Minobe minobe at rtcs0.riken.go.jp
Mon Dec 21 22:00:36 EST 1992

RICE GENOME Newslette second issue published
22. Dec. 1992

The Rice Genome Research Program (RGP) of Japan has produced the
second issue of its newsletter Rice Genome. The newsletter aims to
inform all researchers interested in mapping and analyzing plant
genomes. The main objective is to enhance international cooperative
research efforts for rice genome analysis and for the isolation and
utilization of useful rice genes in plant breeding and biotechnology.

The second issue contents:

- Analysis of Rice Root cDNA Clones, listing identified protein
    sequences from root cDNA
- Polymorphism Analysis of Rice Genome by PCR, introducing the DPRAPD method
- A revised RFLP Linkage Map with 418 Informative Markers
- Physical Mapping of Rice Genome
- Database system of RGP
- Advanced sequencing protocol
- Reports on:    - Chinese Rice Genome Research Program
                         - Plant Genome I meeting in San Diego last November
                         - Biotechnology Center in Punjab, India
                         - Human Genome Center in Japan.

The list of available DNA clones has been extended and the application
form for clone requests is included.

The next issue of the newsletter will be published in early summer
1993. We welc ome news items and articles on rice genome mapping and
analysis from the interna tional research community.

The newsletter is available free of charge. To have your name added to
the mailing list, fill in the mailing list form and send it to the
address below. This issue is mailed to ca. 1500 people, including all
participants of the Plant Genome I meeting (San Diego, Nov. 9-11, 1992).

Dr. Ilkka Havukkala
Editorial Office of Rice Genome
Rice Genome Research Program (RGP)
National Institute of Agrobiological Resources
2-1-2, Kannondai
Tsukuba
Ibaraki 305
Japan