NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in Plant Biology

Rob Last Rob_Last at qmrelay.mail.cornell.edu
Thu Dec 31 11:40:28 EST 1992

Dear Colleagues,

We are soliciting your comments concerning the NSF Postdoctoral
Fellowship Program in Plant Biology.  At a recent meeting on plant
biochemistry, several scientists emphasized the importance of these
fellowships for attracting new researchers into the plant sciences.
We wish to convey to NSF, and the rest of the scientific community,
the impact that this program has had on increasing the overall quality
of plant molecular biology by attracting high quality, productive
scientists from other areas into the field of plant biology.

We would appreciate receiving your comments on the NSF fellowship
program, both pro and con.  Please send your comments concerning this
program to Rob Last: by Fax: (607) 254-1242; Mail: Boyce Thompson
Institute, Cornell University, Tower Rd.. Ithaca, NY 14853-1801, or
Email: rob_last at qmrelay.mail.cornell.edu, before February 1, 1993.

We will then write a consensus letter reflecting the comments that we
receive about the NSF plant postdoctoral program for submission to one
of the American plant molecular biology journals.  Thank you for your
input on this important program.  Please distrubute this posting to
any interested colleagues.

Sincerely,

Gloria Coruzzi, New York University
Robert Last, Boyce Thompson Institute