WAIS and Protein Sequencing data base in Singapore

Steve Goldstein--Ph 202-357-9717 sgoldste at cise.cise.nsf.gov
Wed Feb 19 09:21:02 EST 1992

Folks,

My work at NSF is in encouraging global networking to support the work
of your and other research and educational cummunities.  WAIS is a remarkable
productivity-enhancing front end that works on a number of platforms, and
on some (Macintosh, NeXT, X-windows, MS-Windows) provides graphical user
interfaces to make navigation over the Internet and information location and
retrieval relatively easy because it requires almost no knowledge of
networking mantras nor of data base incantations.

Ont of the items in this newsletter concerns protein sequencing information
that can be retrieved with WAIS from a source in Singapore.  I thought
that some of you might find it important in your work.

Please direct WAIS questions to : George Brett <ghb at concert.net>.

Good luck,

Steve G.

+ ======================================================================== +
||  Steven N. Goldstein                                                   ||
||  Program Director, Interagency & International Networking Coordination ||
||  Div. of Networking and Communications Research & Infrastructure       ||
||  National Science Foundation                                           ||
||  1800 G Street, N.W., Room 416                                         ||
||  Washington, D.C. 20550                                                ||
||  Tel: +1-202-357-9717                                                  ||
||  FAX: +1-202-357-0320                                                  ||
||  goldstein at NSF.GOV (Internet); goldstei at NSF(BITNET); S.GOLDSTEIN/OMNET ||