ANNOUNCEMENT OF PLANT GENOME-I TRAVEL GRANTS FOR STUDENTS

STEPHEN R. HELLER srheller at asrr.arsusda.gov
Thu Jun 25 09:22:00 EST 1992

ANNOUNCEMENT OF PLANT GENOME-I TRAVEL GRANTS FOR STUDENTS

     The Organizing Committee for the Plant Genome I (PGI)
conference (San Diego, CA November 9-11, 1992) is pleased to
announce that the International Society for Plant Molecular
Biology (ISPMB) is sponsoring four travel grants of $250 each for
students to attend the PGI conference and present a poster paper.
Requests for the travel grant (which will also include gratis
registration at the meeting) should include the poster talk
abstract (which can be obtained from Scherago International, 11
Penn Plaza, Suite 1003, New York, NY 10001; Phone - 212-643-1750
(FAX: 1758)) an be addressed to:

Stephen R. Heller, Ph.D.
Informatics Project Leader
Plant Genome Research Program
USDA, ARS, BARC-West
Building 005, Room 337
Beltsville, MD 20705-2350  USA

     Applications will be accepted until 15 August 1992.  A
letter of support from a faculty member in the department should
be included with a covering letter requesting the support.  It is
expected that recipients of the awards will be notified by early
September.