GDB newsgroup is ready for operation

David Kristofferson kristoff at genbank.bio.net
Fri Jun 12 14:58:06 EST 1992

The former GENOMIC-ORGANIZATION newsgroup has been taken over by the
Genome Data Base (GDB) at Johns Hopkins.  The group is now called GDB (mail)
and bionet.molbio.gdb on USENET.  The former gene-org addresses have
been forwarded to the new gdb addresses (see below).  A welcoming
message from the GDB staff will be posted to the newsgroup shortly.

USENET users can simply read and post to bionet.molbio.gdb.  The
USENET newsgroup bionet.molbio.gene-org still exists at the moment but
will be "terminated without prejudice" sometime next week.

People who previously had e-mail subscriptions to GENOMIC-ORGANIZATION
have been subscribed to GDB.  New e-mail subscriptions (or
cancellations) may be obtained by sending a request either to

biosci at genbank.bio.net

or to

biosci at daresbury.ac.uk

The genbank address handles the Americas and Pacific Rim countries,
while the daresbury address handles Europe, Africa and Central Asia.

E-mail users can *post* messages by mailing to either

gdb at genbank.bio.net

or

gdb at daresbury.ac.uk

depending upon their location as indicated above.  Please DO NOT use
the gdb addresses to request e-mail subscriptions as you will
merely annoy everyone on the mailing list!!

I have been trying to find a "saviour" for GENOMIC-ORGANIZATION off
and on for two to three years now so this group definitely has my best
wishes for success!

				GenBank Manager

				kristoff at genbank.bio.net