David Kristofferson kristoff at
Mon Jun 8 17:31:16 EST 1992

Last week's period for comment resulted in only two messages about
this proposed change.  One noted that we can't technically rename a
USENET group which is correct; we will cancel bionet.molbio.gene-org
and create bionet.molbio.gdb.  The second mentioned that the GDB name
was not sufficiently descriptive, but GDB prefers to go by that name
so we will abide by their wishes.

No other protests were received publicly or privately, so I will run
roughshod over my own bureaucracy (just tripped over my own feet!!!
8-) and announce that we will proceed with all due speed.

will be replaced by

and the e-mail subscriptions to the former group will be transferred
to the latter one.  An announcement will be made in
BIONEWS/bionet.announce when the new group is ready.  If any current
e-mail subscribers of GENOMIC-ORGANIZATION don't want to be subscribed
to GDB, please notify either biosci at or
biosci at (whichever node sends you mail) to cancel your

				Dave Kristofferson
				GenBank Manager

				kristoff at