CALL FOR VOTES: bionet.plants

David Kristofferson kristoff at genbank.bio.net
Mon Mar 16 13:30:17 EST 1992

After the discussion on BIOFORUM/bionet.general I received the
following much shorter charter from Tony:

The consensus seems to be in favour of a broad charter amounting to
*any* aspect of plant biology, so I suggested a cryptic charter which
I posted:

name:		  bionet.plants
discusson leader: Tony Travis
type:		  unmoderated
charter:	  Discussion of all aspects of plant biology

Voting is now open on bionet.plants and will run through April 15th.
Please send your vote to any of the following addresses:

Address                               Location        Network
-------                               --------        -------
biovote at irlearn.ucd.ie                Ireland         EARN/BITNET
biovote at uk.ac.daresbury               U.K.            JANET
biovote at genbank.bio.net               U.S.A.          Internet/BITNET

Your vote should contain a single line:

YES on bionet.plants

if you favor creation of the newsgroup or

NO on bionet.plants

if you think that the creation of this newsgroup will adversely affect
the BIOSCI system.  If you are simply not interested in participating
in bionet.plants, please don't cast a NO vote, but instead just don't
vote at all.

The newsgroup proposal must receive at least 80 YES votes to pass and
the number of YES votes must be greater than the number of NO votes by
at least 40.  Discussion of the newsgroup proposal is now closed and
we strongly discourage posting any messages in other forums about the
fact that a CALL FOR VOTES has been issued.

				GenBank Manager

				kristoff at genbank.bio.net