CALL FOR DISCUSSION: bionet.carotenoids

David Kristofferson kristoff at genbank.bio.net
Wed Sep 2 15:10:49 EST 1992

We have received a proposal for another new newsgroup:

bionet.carotenoids (e-mail address: CAROTENO).

Discussion will now be open through 13 September on
BIOFORUM/bionet.general (*not* on BIONEWS/bionet.announce).

Please do not post one-line messages saying only "I am in favor of
such a newsgroup".  We will collect votes later.  The discussion
period is an opportunity for anyone to bring up reservations about the
proposed charter and to propose modifications prior to the vote.  The
discussion leader may submit a revised proposal in light of the
discussion, and the new charter would be included in the call for votes
which will go out on September 14th.

Please be aware that only one vote is counted per e-mail address, so
it is necessary to have your own account in order to vote.  Multiple
votes from the same address are not accepted.  If you are interested
in the following newsgroup, but do not have an e-mail address of your
own, please obtain one from your computer center before the call for
votes is issued.

Proposal to establish bionet.carotenoids

Discussion leader: Pablo A. Scolnik (scolnipa at esvax.dnet.dupont.com)

Purpose: discussions regarding the chemistry, biochemistry, genetics,
metabolism, and health effects of carotenoids.  This newsgroup will
also include information exchange regarding pure compounds, mutants,
techniques, and recombinant DNA constructs.