IMPORTANT - Mail problem at net.bio.net yesterday

David Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Wed Apr 14 15:46:33 EST 1993

We had a problem with a corrupted nameserver database which brought
down mail service on net.bio.net yesterday.  Mail sent to the BIOSCI
newsgroups posting addresses or to the biosci at net.bio.net address,
etc., would have bounced back to the sender.  I know that people get
in the habit of ignoring bounced mail, but if you received a bouncer
from us yesterday and didn't examine it carefully, the odds are high
that your e-mail did not get posted to the newsgroups.  The same
applies for attempts to reach us at biosci at net.bio.net.

At the risk of probably generating a few duplicate postings from
yesterday, please feel free to repost (or resubmit your subscription
request to biosci at net.bio.net) if you are in doubt.  All subscription
requests will be double-checked first to ensure that they have not
been processed already.

				kristoff at net.bio.net