BIOVOTE Problems

Dave Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Mon Apr 19 14:28:50 EST 1993

> > People have been experiencing bounced email when voting via
> >      biovote at daresbury
> > This is due to Dave K's machine being uncontactable. If you've received
> > bounced mail your vote will NOT have been registered so please re-send
> > once the problem is fixed. Either Dave or I will post when this is done.
> >
> > Are you listening Dave?
> >
> > Rgds
> >
> > Alan Bleasby
> > BIOSCI
> > SERC Daresbury Laboratory
> > Warrington WA4 4AD
> > UK
> >

> Dave K is listening and has been receiving mail from biovote at daresbury
> during the weekend. I am not quite sure what the problem is that you
> are referring to.
>
> Dave K

Well (blush) just a few seconds after sending the message above,
net.bio.net went down.  We had a problem with a disk on another
machine on our network over the weekend and this is still being worked
on.  Things may continue to be a bit flaky for a while.  However, I
received the following messages to biovote at daresbury over the weekend.

U    374) 18-Apr Christoph at ib.rl
U    409) 18-Apr Sydney Shall
U    410) 18-Apr Otto Ritter
U    411) 18-Apr Otto Ritter
U    412) 18-Apr Peter.Rice%DE.E
U    437) 19-Apr GEN6AR at VAX.BIO.
U    440) 19-Apr Dilip at ib.rl.ac.
U    441) 19-Apr m.strivens at ic.a
U    442) 19-Apr Gary at ib.rl.ac.u
U    443) 19-A.rl.a  (1163 chars
U    446) 19-Apr Detlef Wolf
U    447) 19-Apr kirbym at har-rbu.
U    449) 19-Apr KEN at ICR.AC.UK
U    450) 19-Apr rt at ib.rl.ac

If you cast a vote again that will also be O.K. because I filter out
all duplicates prior to tabulating the totals.

				kristoff at net.bio.net