IUBio Archive update

Don Gilbert gilbertd at fly.bio.indiana.edu
Tue Feb 9 16:24:44 EST 1993

The IUBio Archive is getting back to normal after a disk
crash several days ago.  The Drosophila Stock Center has
replaced the dead disk with a new one.

Also, many of you have pledged funds to purchase an additional
disk drive for this archive.  I very much appreciate your support
for this expansion.

Enough money has been pledged to purchase an added gigabyte disk drive.
As well, people at NSF and NIH have suggested I could seek funds
thru supplements to existing grants here.

There has been a very positive response from individuals and organizations
around the world, to this request for funds to improve this archive.
A disk drive purchased from your contributions will belong
to the IUBio archive, for the first time, rather than to another project.
These contributions are coming in now, and I hope to have enough
to purchase the drive in the next few weeks.

Until now IUBio Archive has lived in the goodwill part of cyberspace,
finding its home in under-utilized portions of equipment.  But it
is now using a significant chunk of real resources, and those
many of you who have pledged support for its new disk drive
can be pleased to know you will provide this archive with a
first real home of its own.   If the archive should move to another
computer (as it has moved 4 times in the past 4 years), then
it will now be able to move with its own disk.

				Thank you,

				Don Gilbert
Don Gilbert                                     gilbert at bio.indiana.edu