BIOSCI Newsgroups - Changes

David Kristofferson kristoff at NET.BIO.NET
Tue Jun 1 03:00:02 EST 1993

This has been a busy month for BIOSCI!!

The following new newsgroups were created during May.  Please refer to
the info sheet in the next posting for details on

PHOTOSYNTHESIS/bionet.photosynthesis

INFO-GCG/bionet.software.gcg

ACEDB-SOFT/bionet.software.acedb

CHROMOSOMES/bionet.genome.chromosomes

The CHROMOSOMES group supercedes and broadens the scope of the
CHROMOSOME-22 group which was shut down for lack of use.  The
"autoseqs" prototype newsgroup was also rolled into the CHROMOSOMES
group.

BIOSCI has also introduced a new e-mail retrieval service for searches
of our WAIS indexes.  Please send the message

help

to waismail at net.bio.net for instructions.  Leave the Subject: line
blank in your help request.

Included among the WAIS indexes is our new BIOSCI user address
directory.  The name of this WAIS source is "biologists-addresses."
Copies of the address form are posted regularly to the newsgroups.
Please take the time to fill one out and submit it.

The BIO-JOURNALS/bionet.journals.contents and
SCIENCE-RESOURCES/bionet.sci-resources newsgroups were converted to
moderated forums.

Finally, the FAQ has been extensively revised as described is one of
the following messages.

David Kristofferson