21 new journal TOCs available on BIOSCI from Springer-Verlag!!!

Dave Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Thu Mar 4 14:06:18 EST 1993

I am happy to announce that Springer Verlag will provide BIOSCI with
21 new journals for Table of Contents distribution on the
BIO-JOURNALS/bionet.journals.contents newsgroup.  In addition, readers
will be able to retrieve the abstracts of the papers from a new
fileserver set up by Springer (details below).  The journal TOCs that
will be distributed by BIOSCI include the following:

Anatomy & Embryology
Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology
Cell and Tissue Research
Chromosoma
Current Genetics
European Journal of Biochemistry
Experimental Brain Research
Histochemistry
Human Genetics
Immunogenetics
Journal of Comparative Physiology B: Biochemical, Systemic, and
    Environmental Physiology
Journal of Membrane Biology
Journal of Molecular Evolution
Mammalian Genome
Microbial Releases
MGG - Molecular and General Genetics
European Journal of Physiology
Plant Cell Reports
Planta
Roux's Archives of Developmental Biology
TAG - Theoretical and Applied Genetics

TOCs will be posted 3 to 6 weeks *before* the appearance of the
hardcopy issue.  Details about abstract retrieval follow.  Please note
that there are several medically-oriented journals also available from
their server which I did not include in the BIOSCI distribution.

My sincerest thanks to Springer for making this service available to
the scientific community.  I hope that more publishers will notice
this and respond positively to Springer's lead.  I should have a few
more additions to announce to the BIO-JOURNALS newsgroup in the next
month.

				kristoff at net.bio.net

Springer Journals Preview Service                           via Internet

Following the request of a great number of scientists (working in the
fields of medicine and life sciences) and librarians, Springer-Verlag
will offer the tables of contents and BiblioAbstracts of 30 important
scientific journals via e-mail before publication of the new issue. This
service will be accessible as of March 1 1993. Tables of contents are
free of charge and BiblioAbstracts are available for an annual token
fee.

The files supplied are in ASCII format, structured in accordance with
accepted standards. They can be read on any computer without further
processing and can easily be integrated into local data bases.

For details please send an e-mail message containing the word HELP to
our mailserver
               SVJPS at DHDSPRI6.BITNET

or contact SPRINGER at DHDSPRI6.BITNET
Springer-Verlag GmbH & Co. KG, New Technologies / Product Development
P.O. Box 10 52 80, W-6900 Heidelberg, Germany, fax: +49 6221 487 648