CALL FOR DISCUSSION: PCR/bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts.pcr

David Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Fri May 14 13:30:20 EST 1993

We have received the following proposal to offload part of the METHODS
discussion load into a separate PCR/bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts.pcr
newsgroup.  I will be posting this notice to BIONEWS, BIOFORUM, and
METHODS because of its widespread interest.

Discussion will now be open through 24 May on BIOFORUM/bionet.general
(*not* on BIONEWS/bionet.announce or METHODS/bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts).

Please do not post one-line messages saying only "I am in favor of
such a newsgroup".  We will collect votes later.  The discussion
period is an opportunity for anyone to bring up reservations about the
proposed charter and to propose modifications prior to the vote.  The
discussion leader may submit a revised proposal in light of the
discussion, and the new charter would be included in the call for votes
which will go out on 25 May.

Please be aware that only one vote is counted per e-mail address, so
it is necessary to have your own account in order to vote.  Multiple
votes from the same address are not accepted.  If you are interested
in the following newsgroup, but do not have an e-mail address of your
own, please obtain one from your computer center before the call for
votes is issued.

Proposal to establish PCR/bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts.pcr

e-mail addresses: pcr at net.bio.net
                  pcr at daresbury.ac.uk

Discussion leader:

Andrew G. McArthur
Department of Biology
University of Victoria
P.O. Box 1700
Victoria, B.C.
Canada
V8W 2Y2

AMCARTHU at UVVM.UVIC.CA (Internet)
AMCARTHU at UVVM.BITNET

Purpose: To separate discussion of the polymerase chain reaction
from the general "Methods and Reagents" newsgroup because of the
volume of discussion related to PCR only.  To facilitate
communication among scientists and researchers utilizing PCR.
To disseminate knowledge and promote development of PCR.
Discussion will be open to any application of PCR technology and
will be unmoderated.  Additional discussion leaders welcome.