New WAIS source at BIOSCI

Kenton A. Hoover shibumi at NET.BIO.NET
Tue May 18 17:41:32 EST 1993

A new WAIS source, biologists-addresses has been created for the
BIOSCI source.  biologists-addresses is a WAIS indexed version of
the biosci-users.addresses file available for FTP from net.bio.net.

An example of a query:
waissearch -h localhost -p 210 -d biologists-addresses Kristofferson

 Search Response:
  NumberOfRecordsReturned: 1
   1: Score: 1000, lines:  25 'date (DD-MM-YY): 05-05-93'

View document number [type 0 or q to quit]: 1
Headline: date (DD-MM-YY): 05-05-93
date (DD-MM-YY): 05-05-93
first name: David
middle initial:
family name: Kristofferson
job title: BIOSCI Manager
e-mail address: kristoff at net.bio.net
e-mail network: Internet
phone number: 415-962-7339
FAX number: 415-962-7302
institution: IntelliGenetics, Inc.
address1: 700 E. El Camino Real, Suite 300
address2:
address3:
city: Mountain View
state/province: California
country: USA
postal code: 94040
research interest: electronic communications - new methods and
research interest: applications
comment:
comment:
comment:
comment:
comment:

...and an example of a query using WAISMAIL:

To: waismail

source biologists-addresses
depth 1
Kristofferson

...and the reply:
WAISMAIL 1.0

A mail to WAIS interface

Using source biologists-addresses
Search depth is 1
Using keywords 'Kristofferson'

1 records returned by WAIS

Record 1:

date (DD-MM-YY): 05-05-93
first name: David
middle initial:
family name: Kristofferson
job title: BIOSCI Manager
e-mail address: kristoff at net.bio.net
e-mail network: Internet
phone number: 415-962-7339
FAX number: 415-962-7302
institution: IntelliGenetics, Inc.
address1: 700 E. El Camino Real, Suite 300
address2:
address3:
city: Mountain View
state/province: California
country: USA
postal code: 94040
research interest: electronic communications - new methods and
research interest: applications
comment:
comment:
comment:
comment:
comment:

Use and enjoy.  Comments may be sent to
bionet.general/bio-forum at net.bio.net or biosci at net.bio.net.

| Kenton A. Hoover                                 |      shibumi at net.bio.net |
| BIOSCI Network Administrator                     |                          |
| BIOSCI/IntelliGenetics, Inc.                     |          +1 415 962 7300 |
|=============================================================================|
| Happy, darling?                                                             |
|                                               Mmmm, yes.                    |
| What are you thinking?                                                      |
|                                               Oh, nothing.  I, I was just   |
|                                               remembering something you     |
|                                               once said about three things, |
|                                               three phrases that always     |
|                                               crop up when an affair is     |
|						coming to an end.             |
| I've forgotten.                                                             |
|                                              	One was "Happy, darling?",    |
|                                               one was "What are you         |
|                                               thinking?"...I don't remember |
|                                               what the third one was.       |
| Silly darling!                                                              |
|                                               <Long pause>                  |
| I love you.                                                                 |
|                                               Oh, yes, that was it.         |
|                       --- "Happy, darling?" Eleanor Bron & John Fortune     |