CHROMOSOMES and ACEDB-SOFT are ready for operation

Mon May 24 19:22:01 EST 1993

The following are excerpts from the messages posted to each of these
two new newsgroups:

ACEDB-SOFT/bionet.software.acedb:
This newsgroup has been checked out, and I invite Mike Cherry to post
an introductory message.  Mailing addresses are:

Posting Address                      Location

Subject: CHROMOSOMES/bionet.genome.chromosomes ready for operation

Hello everyone.  We had a few glitches which required a bit more
testing than usual, but the CHROMOSOMES/bionet.genome.chromosomes is
ready to go.  I invite Greg Lennon and Bruce Roe to post an
introductory message about the group at their earliest possible
convenience.

First I should publicly acknowledge to my great embarrassment that I
have forgotten how to count.  Our e-mail addresses are supposed to be
limited to 8 characters but somehow I let bio-chrom slip through
during the voting process.  We made a dictatorial decision in the
interest of time to shorten the mailing addresses by deleting the
hyphen, so e-mail users please post to either of the following:

Posting Address                      Location
Central Asia were sent to Daresbury for inclusion in the CHROMOSOMES
group.  Both the CHROMOSOME-22 group and autoseqs have been shut down.
Mail sent to the old addresses will appear in the CHROMOSOMES
newsgroup.

If you have any questions about your e-mail subscription (e.g.,
autoseqs readers may want to cancel e-mail and use news to read
bionet.genome.chromosomes if they have news access), please contact
your regional biosci address below.  Please note that it is sometimes
difficult to determine the location of a user from their e-mail
address (esp. for a few BITNET addresses), so our apologies if you
might have been sent to the wrong site.