[ANNOUNCE] OWL 22.0 available

Alan Bleasby ajb at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk
Sat Nov 27 08:20:33 EST 1993

This non-redundant protein sequence database is available by anonymous ftp
      s-ind2.dl.ac.uk       in the directory

To clarify one point mailed to me: The `base' database used is SWISSPROT.
Sequences from other databases are then added in a non-redundant manner.
We do not check SWISSPROT itself for internal redundancy. Perhaps we
should. If anyone feels strongly on this point please let me know. We
also include all sequences of know 3D structure (NRL_3D) for rather
obvious reasons. These should be the only two cases where redundancy
occurs. OWL is formed from SWISSPROT, PIR1-3, GenBank translations and

Alan Bleasby
SERC Daresbury Laboratory
Warrington WA4 4AD

SEQNET is a UK EMBnet node