World Cong Med Phy & Biomed Engng - RIO 94

Mr Gerson Machado g.machado at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Nov 25 15:20:38 EST 1993

WORLD CONGRESS ON
MEDICAL PHYSICS AND
BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING
RlO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL
21-26 AUGUST 1994

XVII International Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering
X International Conference on Medical Physics

International  Organization for Medical Physics
International Union for Physical and Engineering Sciences in Medicine
International Federation of Medical and Biological Engineering

Organizing Committee

Presidents: Carlos Eduardo de Almeida and Antonio Giannella-Neto
Scientific Program: Carlos Malamut and Jurandir Nadal
Secretary: Lea Contier de Freitas
Treasurer: Joao Carlos Machado

Topics for Abstracts

1) Artificial Organs and Assist Devices
2) Automatic and Adaptative Control
3) Biomagnetism
4) Biomaterials
5) Biomechanics
6) Biomedical Optics
7) Brachytherapy
8) Cardiovascular Mechanics
9) Cardiovascular System
10) Cellular Engineering
11) Clinical Engineering
12) Computers in Medicine
13) Diagnostic Radiology
14) Dosimetry
15) Electrocardiology
16) Electrophysiology
17) Expert and Decision Support Systems
18) External Radiation Therapy
19) Health Information Systems
20) Hyperthermia/Hypothermia
21) Instrumentation
22) Medical Imaging
23) Modeling and Simulation
24) Monte Carlo and Analytical Techniques
25) MRI/MRS
26) Nuclear Medicine
27) Oriental and Alternative Medicine
28) Perinatal Technology
29) Physiological Measurements
30) Professional Issues in BE and MP
31) Radiation Metrology
32) Radiation Protection
33) Radiobiology
34) Rehabilitation Engineering
35) Respiratory System
36) Signal Processing
37) Technology Assessment
38) Ultrasound

Announcement

The Rl0'94 World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering will be
 held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from 21-26 August 1994; and is planned to cover
 virtually all areas of Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering. It is the
 first World Congress to take place in a developing country and will certainly
 bring a major contribution to the growth of these fields in the whole world,
 and specially in Latin America. We invite you to come and share your scientific
 work with colleagues from the four corners of the world. We are sure you will
 enjoy becoming acquainted with the latest developments in the two specialties
 and
basking in the warm hospitality of Rio.

Scientific Program

The Scientific Program includes Oral and Poster presentations and special
 sessions such as Tutorials, Round-Tables and State-of-the-Art presentations.

Paper Competitions: "Young Investigator's Award," for participants being 32
 years or less of age, and "Latin American Student Award," for under-graduate
 and graduate Latin American students.

Pre-Congress Courses: Two courses in the week before the Congress:
1."Radiation Protection and Quality Assurance in Medical Physics"
2."Medical Image Processing".

Deadline for Abstracts: 20 DECEMBER 1993

Exhibition: A large technical exhibition will take place during the World
 Congress, focusing medical equipment and new developments in research on
 Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics. Exhibits are invited from
 manufacturers, product and service suppliers, research groups and other
 organizations.

CUT ALONG THE LINE AND POST THE REPLY SLIP (OR A COPY) TO THE SECRETARIAT

1994 WORLD CONGRESS ON MEDICAL PHYSICS AND BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING

Yes, I want to be included in the following mailing-list:

1. Latin American Student Award          5.Pre-Congress Course 1
2. Young Investigator's Award            6. Pre-Congress Course 2
3. Call for Papers                       7. Exhibitors
4. I intend to submit a paper for the topic N#_

NAME-
INSTITUTION -
MAIL ADDRESS -
POST CODE -