News problems at BIOSCI

Kenton A. Hoover shibumi at NET.BIO.NET
Wed Oct 13 16:08:05 EST 1993

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: nobody at net.bio.net
Subject: News problems at BIOSCI
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 93 14:08:05 -0700
From: "Kenton A. Hoover" <shibumi at net.bio.net>

For some unlcear reason, the news databases on net.bio.net have
become corrupt.  As a result, some articles are getting reinjected
into the news system.  We aren't sure what is causing this, but we
will be rebuilding the databases this evening in an attempt to
correct the problem.

In other news, we will be changing our mailing list practices
slightly.  If everything works, users shouldn't see anything.

| Kenton A. Hoover                                 |      shibumi at net.bio.net |
| BIOSCI Network Administrator                     |                          |
| BIOSCI/IntelliGenetics, Inc.                     |          +1 415 962 7300 |
|      James "Scott" Hooper, a student at Oklahoma State University, had his  |
|    lawsuit against Pizza Shuttle tossed out by a Stillwater, Okla., court   |
|    in October.                                                              |
|      He had sued for $7 because his pizza contained the wrong toppings,     |
|    which he mistakenly ate part of.  Hooper said he turned down an out-of-  |
|    court settlement of a $4-off coupon.                                     |

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy