Fast Access to Bio HyperText

Heikki Lehvaslaiho Heikki.Lehvaslaiho at Helsinki.FI
Wed Oct 27 09:08:36 EST 1993

In article <robison1.751307177 at husc10> Keith Robison,
robison1 at husc10.harvard.edu writes:
>    To use it, edit out the mail headers, start up your WWW Browser
> (such as NCSA Mosaic) and open this as a local file ("Open Local" under
> the "File" menu in XMosaic).  <P>

It took me quite a time to figure out how to open a local file in the
Mac program NCSA Mosaic.

The trick is to add the ".html" extension to the filename.
For example, instead of "Bio HyperText" use the name "Bio HyperText.html"
for the file containing Keith's message.

File extensions are something that do not exist for proper Mac programs,
but is needed in this case for cross-platform compatibility (or so the
Mosaic developers have decided).

        	-Heikki

Heikki Lehvaslaiho  <Heikki.Lehvaslaiho at Helsinki.FI>
Bitnet:lehvasla at finuh.bitnet
X.400: /G=Heikki/S=Lehvaslaiho/O=Helsinki/ADMD=fumail/C=fi/
Meilahti Medical Departments, P.O.BOX 21 (Haartmaninkatu 3)
SF-00014 University of Helsinki, FINLAND
Phone: +358-0-434 6408         FAX: +358-0-434 6491