BIOTECNOLOGIA HABANA'95

Carlos I. Armas carmas at scorpio.cigb.edu.cu
Wed Apr 6 23:23:52 EST 1994

         BIOTECNOLOGIA HABANA'95
   " NEW OPPORTUNITIES IN PLANT, ANIMAL AND INDUSTRIAL BIOTECHNOLOGY"
         Firs announcement.

 BIOTECHNOLOGY  HAVANA'95,  DEDICATED TO THE APPLICATION  OF
 BIOTECHNOLOGY  TO PLANT ANIMAL AND INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTIONS
  Headquartes:   Center   of  Genetic  Engineering  and
 Biotechnology,   CIGB, Havana, Cuba.
 November 12 to 17, 1995.
 Organizers: Center of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology.
 Co-sponsors: UNESCO, FAO (UNTIL NOW)

 Biotechnology  Havana'95: At the doors of the 21st Century, an
 adequate  space for  evaluating the tendencies, alternatives and
 applications of this  science  in both, the field of animal and plant
 production and the industrial sector.

 SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM (proposal)
  Three  parallel  Events will take place based  on  the  following
 subjects:
         I) BIOTECHNOLOGY APPLIED TO ANIMAL PRODUCTION AND HEALTH
         -- Biotechnology applied to animal improvement
         -- Vaccines and drugs for veterinary uses
         -- Diagnosis applied to animal production
         -- Use of transgenic animals as "biofactories"
         -- Use of transgenic animals as biomodels
         -- Embriology and Biology of Development
         -- Biotechnology applied to acquaculture

         II) BIOTECHNOLOGY APPLIED TO PLANT PRODUCTION
         -- Plant  tissue  culture  applied  to  agriculture  and  to
 the production of useful substances in plant cells
         -- Biofertilizers and biopesticides
         -- Diagnosis of diseases in plants
         -- Molecular markers and their application to agriculture
         -- Genetic   engineering   applied   to   agriculture:
 Genetic  transformation.  Resistance to plagues and
 diseases.  Quality  improvement of agriculture products.
         III) BIOTECHNOLOGY APPLIED TO INDUSTRY
         -- Fermentation, scaling, recovering and purification of
 proteins  from genetically modified organisms
         -- Bioreactors.  Kinetics  of transformation and  calculation
  of  industrial bioreactors
         -- Gene expression in industrial microorganisms
         -- Bioconversion and biodegradation
         -- Immovilization of cells and enzymes
         -- Production of industrial enzymes
         In  each  Event  there  will  be  Poster  sessions,  short
 Oral  Communications, Symposia and Round Tables with the
 participation  of invited lecturers.

         THE ROUND TABLES WILL COVER THE FOLLOWING SUBJECTS:
         --"Patents and regulations for the application
 of biotechnology to agriculture production"
         -- "The commerce of biotechnologic products"
         -- "Opportunities  of biotechnology as a source of  economic
 and  social development"

         INSCRIPTION FEES:
         Delegates: 325.0 USD (Private Sector)
         Delegates: 250.0 USD (Academic and gouvernmental sectors)
         Delegates: 150.0 USD (Students)
         Non-delegates: 75.0 USD

         COMMERCIAL EXPOSITION
         Parallel  to the scientific sessions, there will be a
 Commercial  Exhibit of reagents and equipment related to these
 subjects.
         Contact:
         Organization Committee
         Biotechnology Havana'95
         P.O. Box 6162
         Havana 10600, Cuba
         Telex: 51-2330 CUBABIOT and 51-1072 CUBACIB
         Telephones: 53-7-218008, 216444, 218164, 216832
         Fax: 53-7-218070, 33-6008.
         E-Mail: biot95 at ingen.cigb.edu.cu

         APPLICATION FORM:
         Name:
         Institution:
         Address:                   City:
         Country:                   Telephone:
         Telex:                     Fax:
         E-Mail:
         I wish to present a scientific paper related to:
         I wish to present a poster related to:
         I wish to participate in the commercial exposition......
         Please return this card to the Organization Committee.