Collaborative Biomolecular Tools (CBMT)

ajb at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk ajb at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk
Fri Aug 12 17:05:38 EST 1994

             COLLABORATIVE BIOMOLECULAR TOOLS (CBMT)
             ---------------------------------------

        http://www.dl.ac.uk/CBMT/HOME.html and sub-pages

Collaborative  BioMolecular Tools is  a new venture in making software
easier to develop and more reusable.  It's founded on the premise that
the Biomolecular community is collaborative by nature and would like

        *A Biomolecular C++ class library
        *A library of filters/scripts (e.g. *.csh, *.tcl, *.com, etc)
        *GUI components (e.g. tcl/tk, and possibly some GUI's)
        *Reference data for file formats and other standards
        *CIF's and their use both in crystallography and elsewhere
        *Reference data (e.g. Atomic data, Amino Acid properties)
to deposit the primary version of material there.

FRIENDS
-------
        The  project (which is  unfunded   and unaffiliated) has  been
nobly supported by Alan   Bleasby and colleagues  at SEQNET/Daresbury.
It's  also likely to   interact extremely closely   with the  UK CCP11
project  (and possibly other  CCP's).  I'm also  grateful to Glaxo for
benevolent interest, and  Birkbeck  Crystallography Dept where I  have
used some of the C++ classes for teaching.

Peter Murray-Rust (pmr1716 at ggr.co.uk) Glaxo Research and Development, Greenford
mbglx at seqnet.dl.ac.uk (Mailbox at Daresbury by kind permission of Alan Bleasby)