Possible loss of mail to biosci-help the night of 12/15

BIOSCI Administrator biosci-help at net.bio.net
Fri Dec 16 19:51:36 EST 1994

Unfortunately a message sent in to the biosci-help at net.bio.net address
appears to have corrupted the mail spool file for BIOSCI technical
support mail.  We retrieved a copy from backup tape the night before,
but messages sent to biosci-help at net.bio.net between about 2 AM
Pacific Standard Time and 9 AM Pacific Standard Time on Thursday, 15
December were probably lost.  Given the time frame in question, the
loss is probably small, but I hope that those who may have sent in
questions during that time frame will resend their request if they do
not receive an answer to their question by Monday.

Please note that I am still clearing out backlogged mail after my
recent trip, so please do not resend your query if you have not
received an answer unless you are reasonably sure that it was sent in
during the time frame above.

Sorry for the inconvenience - please note that this problem affected
only mail to the technical support address, not mail posted to any of
the newsgroups.

				biosci-help at net.bio.net