Gene-Server down part of Christmas-New Year's week

Dan Davison dbd at theory.BCHS.UH.EDU
Thu Dec 22 19:08:33 EST 1994

The UH Gene-Server will be down on Monday, December 26, 8 PM to
Tuesday, December 27th, 1:00 PM AND Wednesday December 28, 6 PM to
Thursday, December 29, 1:00 PM due to power outages at the University
of Houston.

The services that will be affected are:
ftp.bchs.uh.edu         FTP server
gopher.bchs.uh.edu      PIR Gopher server
www.bchs.uh.edu         Web server
service at bchs.uh.edu     GeneFinder services
gene-server at bchs.uh.edu PIR, Mac, DOS, Unix, and VMS file retrieval

There may be other unannounced power outages as construction proceeds
outside our building.  We will try to keep the resulting service
interruptions to a mininum.

Merry Christmas, and happy new year to all!

dan
Houston/4800 Calhoun/Houston,TX 77054-5934/davison at uh.edu/DAVISON at UHOU
myself.