Rice Genome Meeting, Japan, March 7-9, 1994

Ilkka Havukkala ilkka at rice.nbh.affrc.go.jp
Mon Jan 10 15:50:50 EST 1994

First Announcement and Pre-registration         6. Jan. 1994

RICE GENOME MEETING (FORUM and WORKSHOP)

Date:         MARCH 7-9, 1994

Location:   Tsukuba, near Tokyo, Japan

1) RICE GENOME FORUM  March 7th 1994
at Center for Research Institutes, Tsukuba city center
max. no of seats: 150

Speakers (titles are tentative):

a. Michael Gale, UK: WHEAT AND RICE SYNTENY MAPPING

b. Tom Newman. USA: ARABIDOPSIS cDNA CATALOGUING

c. Andris Kleinhofs, USA: BARLEY GENOME MAPPING

d. Yuzo Minobe, Japan: RICE GENOME RESEARCH

e. Ken-ichi Matsubara, Japan: JAPANESE GENOME PROJECTS

2) RICE GENOME WORKSHOP March 8-9th 1994
at STAFF Institute, Ippaizuka (south-western Tsukuba)
max. no of seats: 50

Sessions:

A. Plant cDNA sequencing and analysis
Chairman: John Bennett, IRRI
Speakers: Takuji Sasaki, Japan
                Hirofumi Uchimiya, Japan
               John Bennett
                and others

B. RFLP mapping
Chairman: Andris Kleinhofs
Speakers: Ning Huang, IRRI
                 and others

C. Physical mapping
Chairman: Michael Gale, UK
Speakers: Nori Kurata, Japan
                 and others

D. Informatics and plant genome database integration
Chairman: Tom Newman
Speakers: Ilkka Havukkala
                Douglas Bigwood
                 and others

ORGANIZERS:

The Rice Genome Forum is supported by  the Bio-oriented Research in
Agriculture and Industry  (BRAIN) and the Society for Techno-innovation
of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (STAFF); hosted by the National
Institute of Agrobiological Resources (NIAR).

The Rice Genome Workshop is organized and hosted by the Rice Genome
Research Program (RGP, NIAR/STAFF) and the
Society for Techno-innovation of Agriculture,
Forestry and Fisheries (STAFF).

Program Committee:

Havukkala, I. (STAFF Institute, RGP)
Kobayashi, K. (STAFF Institute, RGP)
Kurata, N. (NIAR, RGP)
Minobe, Y. (NIAR, RGP)
Nagamura, Y. (STAFF, RGP)
Sasaki, T. (NIAR, RGP)

Contact:
Ilkka Havukkala
Rice Genome Research Program
STAFF Institute
446-1, Ippaizuka
Kamiyokoba
Tsukuba
Ibaraki 305, Japan
fax +81-38-2302 or +81-38-1780
email (internet) ilkka at rice.nbh.affrc.go.jp

PARTICIPATION INSTRUCTIONS

If you would like to attend the meeting, please send the
pre-registration form BEFORE 10th February.
There is no registration fee. Organizers retain the right
to select presentations according to time limitations
and suitability. Ten single rooms have already been
booked from a nearby hotel (Suwa Hotel) for Feb. 6-10th
at a rate of 6000 yen per night. Other reasonably priced
hotels are numerous in the city center.
Tsukuba is one hour's drive from Narita Airport.

--------------------------------cut here------------------

I wish to attend the Rice Genome Meeting, please send me further details.

Name:___________________________________

Affiliation:________________________________

Addresss:_________________________________

Fax:_________________

Email:________________

Tick appropriate box:
A.    I will attend the FORUM March 7th. 1994.        |_|
B.    I will attend the WORKSHOP March 8-9th, 1994.   |_|
B.a. I will not give a presentation in the workshop.  |_|
B.b. I will give a presentation in the workshop.      |_|

I would like to give an oral presentation (max. 30 min., depending on
the number of participants) in the WORKSHOP section (circle one):

Session           A           B           C           D

Title of my talk:____________________________________________

A one-page cleanly typed abstract (not more than 200 words) is included.
(N.B., you can send this form and abstract also by email).

I would like to reserve a single room from ______ to ______ (___ nights)
at Suwa hotel. (preliminary note of intent only, no obligation)

Return as soon as possible, and BEFORE 10 February 1994 to:
Ilkka Havukkala
Rice Genome Meeting
STAFF Institute
446-1, Ippaizuka