IMPORTANT - Seven BIOSCI seminars 7/26-8/3 in OH, NY, and CT

David Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Sun Jul 31 18:09:56 EST 1994

In article <30pkb4$7kl at net.bio.net>,
BIOSCI Administrator  <biosci-help at net.bio.net> wrote:
>I am embarking Monday on a seminar tour to seven sites in Ohio, New
>York, and Connecticut.  All sites have given me permission to announce
>these talks to people on the network.
>
>A brief abstract of the talk follows:

>Speaker: Dr. David Kristofferson
>
>The seminar will cover the use of electronic newsgroups, e-mail, WAIS,
>WAISMAIL, Gopher, and Mosaic/WWW in communicating with biologists
>worldwide.  Newsgroups offer access to expertise in experimental
>methods and a variety of research specialties as well as forums for
>employment opportunities, current bibliographic information, funding
>agency announcements, and other late-breaking information.
>
>and the talk will be given at the sites and times below:
>
>Date	Time	Location
>----    ----    --------
>7/26    noon    Ohio Univ., Athens, OH, room: Irvine 194
>
>7/27	2 PM	Ohio State U., Columbus, OH, College of Pharmacy,
>                  111 Parks Hall
>
>7/28    noon    Case Western Reserve, Cleveland, OH, School of
>                  Medicine, room E501
>
>7/29    12:30PM Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY,
>                  Institute auditorium

The talks above were well-received with attendances of about 50, 45,
110, and 98 respectively.  The final three talks in the Northeast (see
below) are coming up this week.  The talk at Manhatten College below
has been scheduled for room 102 in the Computer Center which is
opposite the Leo Engineering Building.

				biosci-help at net.bio.net