IMPORTANT - Do you still want bionet.molbio.genbank.updates???

David Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Mon Mar 7 14:39:18 EST 1994

Now that we have most of the other services back under control, we are
reviewing what to do with the USENET distribution of GenBank data
carried by bionet.molbio.genbank.updates.  This service was interupted
in December and we are trying to decide whether or not to have Dave
Mack set this up again.

We need to get a feeling for how many people are making use of this
newsgroup before we decide to either (1) restart the distribution and
maintain it ourselves, or (2) have a third party handle the data
distribution, or (3) shut the group down.  Note that the data feed is
only available on USENET, not by e-mail (nor would we provide it by
e-mail in the future).

If you made use of bionet.molbio.genbank.updates, please send a
message to the Internet address biovote at net.bio.net and tell us how
you made use of the data, e.g., just for browsing in your newsreader
or for automating your local databank updates, etc.

Thanks in advance for your input.

				biosci-help at net.bio.net