Basel up again [Re: Basel downtime]

Reinhard Doelz doelz at
Mon Mar 21 16:10:59 EST 1994

We managed to redirect the data streams and returned to 'normal' operation
(with less disk currently, though). There might be short interruptions off-
business hours if the repaired hardware returns to the cluster.

GOPHER, HASSLE and WWW services have been verified run on up-to-date data
since Sat, 19-Mar-1994, 6 pm MET. ftp mirroring will resume
next week and be up-to-date at Tue, 21-Mar-1994.

Apologies for any inconvenience during the interruption. Those who mailed
us individually might get bionet.announce delayed, but have received sepa-
rate recovery messages.

Reinhard Doelz
EMBnet Switzerland
  |    Dr. Reinhard Doelz     | Tel. x41 61 2672247    Fax x41 61 2672078 |
  |      Biocomputing         | electronic Mail       doelz at |
  |Biozentrum der Universitaet+-------------------------------------------+
  |   Klingelbergstrasse 70   | EMBnet         embnet at |
  |CH 4056 Basel  SWITZERLAND | Switzerland |