Alan J. Perlis Symposium

Judy Terrell Smith smith-judy at CS.YALE.EDU
Wed Mar 23 23:56:33 EST 1994

I am reposting information for the Alan. J. Perlis Symposium to take place in
April.  I posted the wrong file yesterday.  My apologies for the
error and any inconvience I caused.

Judy Smith
Administrative Associate

On April 28, 1994, the Computer Science Department at Yale University
will sponsor an annual Alan J.  Perlis Symposium entitled "Robotics:
The Next Millenium".

The day's activities are:

9:45 - Opening remarks by Chairman Drew McDermott

10:00 - Takeo Kanade, Carnegie Mellon - "Autonomous Robots"

11:00 - Ruzena Bajcsy, University of Pennsylvania - "Cooperative Agents:
	Machines and Human"

1:30 - Dana Ballard, University of Rochester - "Deictic Behaviors"

2:30 - Rodney Brooks, Massachusetts Institute of Technology - "The Turing
	Challenge: Humanoid Robots"

4:00 - Panel discussion

A public reception will be held at the Department of Computer Science,
Arthur K. Watson Hall, immediately after the symposium.

All talks are free and open to the public.

Yale University
William Harkness Hall
Sudler Hall, Room 201
100 Wall Street
New Haven, CT 076520

For information please call Judy Smith at (203) 432-1997 or Linda
Bourne at (203) 432-1283.