RasWin problems displaying ribbons

RasMol Molecular Graphics rasmol at dcs.ed.ac.uk
Tue Nov 1 23:29:40 EST 1994

My sincerest apologies to all those people experiencing problems
with the latest release of RasMol under Microsoft Windows. Any
attempt to display all (or part) of a molecule as either a solid
ribbon or parallel strands results in `undefined' behaviour such
as the program crashing. This problem only effects the Microsoft
Windows and OS/2 versions of RasMol. The Microsoft Windows NT,
UNIX, VMS and Macintosh versions are not effected by this problem.

This problem has now been corrected and a new version of "raswin.zip"
may be obtained by anonymous FTP from ftp.dcs.ed.ac.uk in the directory
/pub/rasmol. For those users not wishing to download the source,
example files, online-help or documentation again, the file "raswin.exe"
is also available in this directory.

My many thanks to the users that pointed this error out to me.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Roger
Roger Sayle                        INTERNET: ras32425 at ggr.co.uk
Glaxo Research Inc (GRI)                     rasmol at ggr.co.uk
Venture Centre, Emperor Boulevard  Tel:  (+1) (919) 941 4023 (direct line)
RTP, North Carolina, USA.          Fax:  (+1) (919) 941 3704