(Green) Fluorescent Proteins and Applications

Anthony Davies adavies at socrates.ucsf.edu
Thu Oct 20 17:44:36 EST 1994

The Palo Alto Institute of Molecular Medicine is holding an
international symposium on Fluorescent Proteins and Applications,
March 6-7, 1995 in Palo Alto, CA.  Interested parties should contact
the organizers (Drs. Larrick and Youvan) by E-mail at PAIMMFP at aol.com,
or by FAX at 415-694-7717.  Ten of the 15 invited speakers will
present data on the Green Fluorescent Protein.  Please be sure to
include your regular (snail) mail address and name so that we can mail
you a announcement which more fully describes the meeting and lists
the speakers and topics. 2,000 laboratories are now using GFP clones
for a variety of problems ranging from simple gene tagging to tracing
the spatial and temporal linage of labelled genes in the development
of plants and animals.  We believe this to be the first major meeting
centering on this rapidly expanding field.  New advances in imaging
and instrumentation will also be presented.  Poster presentations are
welcome. (We also have nice weather in March!)