1994 BIONEWS/bionet.announce Readership Survey

Dave Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Sat Apr 29 12:52:32 EST 1995

The following data covers readership size and geographical
distribution in 1994 for BIONEWS/bionet.announce, our announcements
newsgroup.

Note that, ***for purposes of comparison with past surveys***, this
survey covers only one of our almost 80 newsgroups.
BIONEWS/bionet.announce has been the customary target of the annual
readership survey since 1990.  Other newsgroups, such as ARABIDOPSIS
and BIOPHYSICAL-SOCIETY, have much larger mailing lists, and METHODS
has much more traffic.  METHODS is by far our most popular newsgroup
as can be seen in the newsgroup usage statistics posted in a separate
message.  We will be conducting a separate readership poll of that
newsgroup in the future.

BIOSCI also maintains a user address database available through our
WWW home page at URL http://www.bio.net/ and gopher to net.bio.net.
There are currently about 5700 addresses that have been voluntarily
listed in the BIOSCI address database.  Users are not required to
register.

				biosci-help at net.bio.net

	October 1994 BIONEWS/bionet.announce Readership Survey