Frontiers in Bioscience, an electronic journal and virtual library

SIAMAK TABIBZADEH tabibzadeh at rics.moffitt.usf.edu
Fri Aug 11 20:51:05 EST 1995

[Note from the moderator - Please refer to the disclaimer further
below.  I have been assured that this is a non-profit initiative
before approving it for distribution. - DK]

Frontiers in Bioscience, an electronic journal and virtual library

An electronic journal and virtual library has been created in order to
facilitate rapid dissemination of scientific data as well as to provide
investigators with numerous online tools for use in their day-to-day
research activities. The publication cost is minimized or completely
eliminated. A section of the journal is dedicated to publishing
manuscripts that contain real time events.

Access to a large number of databases is quite easy  from the journal.
These include databases for analysis of scientific data,  search
strategies, dictionaries, atlases, tutorials, conferences, information on
products of various manufacturers, links to online journals and many
other valuable information. Access to the journal and these services is
free. The staff members of the journal are in the process of creation of
various databases. One such database on gene knockout is already online.

The journal can be accessed at the following address on WWW:

http://bayanet.com/bioscience

Although submission of data for publication in electronic platforms has
just begun, this method of distribution of scientific information would
certainly be the logical route of the future. The first volume of the
journal to be published around Jan 1996 will contain excellent
manuscripts. Please take a moment to examine the journal and consider to
send manuscripts for publication in this new and novel forum. The address
of the editorial office is as follows:

Frontiers in Bioscience
S Tabibzadeh, MD,
Dept of Pathology
University of South Florida
12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd
Tampa, FL 33612

Tel: 813-979-7237
Fax: 813-979-3085
E-mail: tabibzadeh at rics.moffitt.usf.edu

>From: "Dr. Siamak Tabibzadeh" <TABIBZADEH at rics.moffitt.usf.edu>
>To: biosci-help at net.bio.net
>Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 18:23:51 -500GMT
>Subject: Re: Frontiers in Bioscience, an electronic journal and virt

Dear Mr Kristofferson:

Thank you for your attention and quick response. The accesssion of
the journal is free and will remain free. The sumibssion of
manuscripts to the journal is free and will remain free. After the
peer review process, if the authors submit the journal on floppy
disk, the manuscript will be published free of charge. The journal
will be run by sponsorship just like public TV and radio. This is a
non-profit venture and will remain this way. All the funds allocated
for the journal through the sponsorship program will be administered
at the University of South Florida.

Cordially,

S Tabibzadeh, MD
Associate Prof, Pathology