IUBio Archive & FlyBase server - planned outages

Don Gilbert gilbertd at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Fri Dec 8 02:39:57 EST 1995

IUBio Archive, the biology data and software server at
iubio.bio.indiana.edu, will be temporarily off the Internet,
due to relocation and due to planned power outages.  This outage
also includes the FlyBase services at flybase.bio.indiana.edu.

There will be no changes in Internet address, we are simply moving
the computer and turning off power in the building these dates.
Below I list alternate servers you can use during these times.  They
provide file access by FTP and for the FlyBase data also WWW and Gopher
search services.

Outages at IUBio/Flybase:
Friday 8 December, some of time between 9am to 12 noon (moving)
Saturday 9 December, 8am to 12 noon (outage)
Monday 18 December, 7pm to 1am (outage)
Friday 29 December, 6am to 7am (outage)
Wednesday 3 January, 7pm to 1am (outage)
Thursday 4 January, 7pm to 1am (possible outage)
  (Times given are EST, or GMT - 5hr.)

FTP file mirrors:

ftp://ftp.gdbnet.ad.jp/ftpsync/ftp.bio.indiana.edu/ -- full mirror of iubio
ftp://ftp.ddbj.nig.ac.jp/pub/mirror/IUBIO/molbio -- /molbio section
            "                      /IUBIO/flybase -- /flybase data section
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/sci/molbio/iubiomolbio  -- mirrors the /molbio section
ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/molbio  -- mirrors the /molbio section
ftp://bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il/pub/software/  -- mirrors
    /molbio/search, /molbio/unix, /molbio/ibmpc, /molbio/mac and /molbio/vax

FlyBase Drosophila data server:

http://www.embl-ebi.ac.uk:7081/   -- mirror of IU Flybase WWW services
gopher://www.embl-ebi.ac.uk:7071/ -- mirror of IU Flybase Gopher services

Thank you for your patience with this,