HIV seq', PCR primer search announcement

Mika Salminen msalminen at pasteur.hjf.org
Tue Dec 19 23:01:08 EST 1995

We are pleased to announce that we have significantly updated the Webpage of

The Global Molecular Epidemiology Group

at the Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine and
the Division of Retrovirology, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research,
Rockville, MD. 20850

New features include:

*  Search and download primer sequences for amplification and sequencing
   of HIV-1 gag and env genes. Search by clade or for general panel. Includes
   options for restricting search and incorporates measures on primer
   performance (based on actual records in our lab)

*  New manuscript describing "Bootscanning" - a method for the detection of
   recombination among viral sequences

*  HIV-1 Phylogenetic trees

*  Alignments of HIV-1 gag and env genes, both in Pretty and Computer readable
   format

The webpage adress is:  http://hivgenome.hjf.org/

Please have a look!

Mika Salminen, Ph.D.
Research Fellow
Henry M. Jackson Foundation and the MMCARR
Retrovirology, Global Molecular Epidemiology
1600 East Gude Drive, 20850 Rockville, MD
Phone: 301-217-9410, ext. 1045
Fax:  301-762-7460