CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS: WWW IN BIOLOGY

Reinhard Doelz doelz at comp.bioz.unibas.ch
Mon Jan 23 18:07:25 EST 1995

                   Third International World-Wide Web Conference
                       Technology, Tools, and Applications
                      April 10-14, 1995, Darmstadt, Germany

  Organizer: Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics in Darmstadt, Germany.

          w o r k s h o p   e:   b i o l o g y   o n    t h e    w e b
                   C A L L   F O R   C O N T R I B U T I O N S

Half-day workshop on Monday, April 10, 1995          2.00 p.m. - 5.30 p.m.

Since the conference in 1994 at Geneva, the demand for WWW applications in
Biology is rising steadily, and new applications show up instantaneously.
Two areas of interest will be tackled specifically:

AREA A:
   Biology and the Web - Getting scientific data from a General Purpose
   Information System. How to fully accommodate today's applications.
AREA B:
   Scientists and their views - Different data and methods cause different
   displays of similar conclusions. How can the scientists unite responses
   from different sources?

   The approaches chosen to expand on Areas A or B might include
   contributions on:
      Resource discovery: Maintenance of meta lists
      Redundancy: How to approach the 'best' of some very similar servers
      State of the Art WWW servers: Approaches and problems
      Database synchronization on the Web via the Web

The workshop is open to everyone agreeing to contribute a ahort (less
   than 4 pages) paper or written participant statement. We want to have
   active participants in the workshops. The workshop chairs will decide
   on the program and presentations. Depending on the number of
   contributing participants the workshop may be opened also for
   additional non-contributing participants.

   Please send your contribution directly to the workshop chairs no later
   than March 1:

   Reinhard Doelz
      Biocomputing | Biozentrum der Universitdt Basel
      Basel, Switzerland
      Email: doelz at ubaclu.unibas.ch
      Fax: +41-61-267-2078

More information:
http://www.igd.fhg.de/www/www95/www95.html

--
 R.Doelz         Klingelbergstr.70| Tel. x41 61 267 2247  Fax x41 61 267 2078|
 Biocomputing        CH 4056 Basel| electronic Mail    doelz at ubaclu.unibas.ch|