CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS: WEB CONFERENCE

R.Doelz,Biocomputing Basel;+41 61 267 22 47 doelz at ubaclu.unibas.ch
Tue Jan 31 15:23:55 EST 1995

Third International World-Wide Web Conference
Technology, Tools, and Applications April 10-14, 1995,
Darmstadt, Germany

Organizer: Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics in Darmstadt, Germany.

          w o r k s h o p   e:   b i o l o g y   o n    t h e    w e b
                   C A L L   F O R   C O N T R I B U T I O N S

Half-day workshop on Monday, April 10, 1995          2.00 p.m. - 5.30 p.m.

Since the conference in 1994 at Geneva, the demand for WWW applications in
Biology is rising steadily, and new applications show up instantaneously.

Two areas of interest will be tackled specifically:

   AREA A: Biology and the Web - Getting scientific data from a General
           Purpose Information System. How to fully accommodate today's
           applications.
   AREA B: Scientists and their views - Different data and methods cause
           different displays of similar conclusions. How can the scientists
           unite responses from different sources?

The approaches chosen to expand on Areas A or B might include contributions on:

   Resource discovery: Maintenance of meta lists
   Redundancy: How to approach the 'best' of some very similar servers
   State of the Art WWW servers: Approaches and problems
   Database synchronization on the Web via the Web

The workshop is open to everyone agreeing to contribute a short (less than 4
pages) paper or written participant statement. We want to have active
participants in the workshops. The workshop chairs will decide on the program
and presentations. Depending on the number of contributing participants the
workshop may be opened also for additional non-contributing participants.

   Please send your contribution directly to the workshop chairs no later
   than March 1:

   Reinhard Doelz
      Biocomputing | Biozentrum der Universitdt Basel
      Basel, Switzerland
      Email: doelz at ubaclu.unibas.ch
      Fax: +41-61-267-2078