2nd chromosome 1 mapping workshop

Andreas Weith WEITH at AIMP.UNA.AC.AT
Mon Jul 24 21:07:18 EST 1995

  2nd  I N T E R N A T I O N A L   C H R O M O S O M E  1   W O R K S H O P

Organizers:

Andreas Weith
I.M.P.
A-1030 Vienna
Austria
fax +43-1-798 71 53
weith at aimp.una.ac.at

Jeffery Vance
Duke University Medical Center
Box M2900
Durham,NC 27710
U.S.A.
fax (919)-684-6514
jeff at dnadoc.mc.duke.edu

Dear Colleagues:

        C A L L   F O R   A B S T R A C T S

	The Second International Workshop for Mapping of the Human Chromosome 1
has been scheduled for September 22 - 24, 1995 at the Research Institute of
Molecular Pathology (I.M.P.), Vienna, Austria. Workshop participants will have
accommodation at a hotel near the institute and may either walk or use public
transport from and to the I.M.P.. We are planning to raise sufficient funding
to defray the workshop costs for one person per research group. This will cover
travel expenses, accommodation at the hotel for two nights (Sept. 22/23 and
23/24; one additional night can be arranged if required for travel schedules),
local transportation, meals and refreshments.

	The beginning of the workshop is scheduled for 4 p.m. local time on
Sept. 22. It will end approx. 3 p.m. Sept. 24.

	The prerequisite for attending the workshop is the submission of an
abstract containing new and substantive mapping data for chromosome 1 or data
on comparative mapping involving synteny/homology data to chromosome 1. HUGO
and NIH request that those attending the workshop agree to present data that
can be published in the workshop report and that they will make such
information, maps, clones and other reagents available in a timely manner to
the scientific community. The organizers will submit a written report of the
data presented at the workshop to Cytogenetics and Cell Genetics for
publication within a month after the meeting date.

	The organizers and chairs of the workshop are requested to draft
reports in advance of the meeting. To facilitate this and the final report, we
ask participants to submit their abstratcts by electronic mail, if at all
possible. The address is "weith at aimp.una.ac.at". Those who are not connected to
the internet may fax the abstract to Dr. Andreas Weith and, at the same time,
send it on a disk (DOS or Mac) as a Microsoft Word and/or as an ASCII file via
mail. Any graphics should be submitted on disk as a PICT or TIFF file, as these
formats can be easily imported into one of our routine graphics programs. In
either instance, please mail a hardcopy of your abstract and material to
Vienna, as well.

	The format of the abstract must be: Title, author(s), address(es), body
of text, e.g.:
Mapping regions of allelic imbalance on chromosome 1 in human breast cancer

Hoggard, N., Brintnell, B., Hey, Y., Jones, D., Mitchell, E., Varley, J.

Department of Cancer Genetics, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research,
Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 9BX, UK

        We have used 37 microsatellite markers mapping to both arms of human
chromosome 1 to determine regions of allelic imbalance . . .(please do not
exceed 250 words, if possible)

	Intending participants should note that they MUST submit data to GDB IN
ADVANCE of the workshop; reimbursement of full expenses will depend on this.
GDB forms will be sent out with the information package.

* * * * THE ABSTRACTS MUST REACH VIENNA BY AUGUST 20, 1995 * * * *

	The participants will present their data in a poster session; for
reasons of time and efficiency we may select only a few abstracts for oral
presentations. Every participant is requested to bring TWO copies of their
poster/data to the meeting. The second copy will be required for the group
discussions and for the respective chairs.

TRAVEL FUNDS
US participants: contact Dr. Jeffery Vance (email jeff at dnadoc.mc.duke.edu)

British, French and Dutch participants: apply to your own funding
organizations; Italians and Germans also, if possible, but if not contact Dr.
Andreas Weith.

All other European participants: contact Dr. Andreas Weith.

Australian participants: contact Professor Grant Sutherland (email
gsutherland at medicine.adelaide.edu.au)

Canadian participants: apply to CGAT.

Japanese participants: contact Dr Y Sakaki, Human Genome Centre, The Institute
of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4-6-1 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo
108, Tel 81-3-5449 5622, Fax 81-3-5449 5445, (email sakaki at hgc.ims.u-
tokyo.ac.jp)

If anybody needs help and information, feel free to contact Dr. Andreas Weith.

	To facilitate the coordination of local travel etc., please fill in the
registration form below. For those using email, please use "copy" and "paste"
commands to send this text via email. Others please photocopy and fax.

We are looking forward to seeing you in beautiful Vienna in September.

Sincerely,
Andreas Weith
Jeffery Vance

REGISTRATION FORM

Please send this form together with your abstract by AUGUST 15, 1995 to Dr.
Andreas Weith, I.M.P. Vienna (weith at aimp.una.ac.at)

Name:
Mailing address:

phone:
fax:
email:

TRAVEL (it is sufficient at this stage to indicate your intentions.)

	Arrival:	flight no. /airline:
			date/time:

	Departure:	flight no. /airline:
			date/time