IMPORTANT - HARDWARE PROBLEMS AT net.bio.net

BIOSCI Administrator biosci-help at net.bio.net
Wed Jun 21 16:34:36 EST 1995

This looks like it's going to be "one of those weeks."  As announced
earlier, we are planning to move the machine to our new location at
Knight-Ridder Information this Friday.  Please anticipate some down
time starting around noon California time (PDT) and then additional
confusion as the various machines around the net adjust to the new IP
number.  We will also broadcast the new IP number in this forum Friday
afternoon as soon as we are back online.

To add to this excitement, the BIOSCI machine at net.bio.net has been
acting up the last few days and we have had several maintenance calls,
the latest just a little over an hour ago.  We hope to get the problem
resolved ASAP.  Unfortunately, the machine started crashing
sporadically a few days ago, and the maintenance people are still
trying to resolve the problem.  With any luck the latest fix will do
the trick.

				biosci-help at net.bio.net