EBI downtime

RJ White rjwhite at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jun 29 20:44:19 EST 1995

EBI services will be unavailable during the following times:

        Saturday July 8     8am -> ~  2pm GMT   (9 - 3 BST)
        Saturday July 15    8am -> ~ 11pm GMT   (9 - 12 BST)

We will be down on the 8th because of both a site-wide power shutdown
to reconfigure power to the new buildings, and because we will be moving
most of our computers at the same time to our new building.

We will be down on the 15th because we will then complete the move to the
new building which involves moving our router and final hub.

The time to resume services is an estimate.  I'm optimistic that we will
actually be down less than I have said above.  But...

During these times, if you have sent us requests by e-mail services and
don't get a reply as soon as you expect, please don't resubmit it.  If
it reached our systems before the shutdown, it will be queued. If it's
submitted when we are down, your own system should queue the e-mail
until your mailer retries later and notices us up again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.