Grad Symposium, March 25. Molecular Biology at York University

Geoffrey Carman geoffc at trocaz.yorku.ca
Mon Mar 13 18:21:29 EST 1995

1995 BIOLOGY SYMPOSIUM AT YORK UNIVERSITY

CURRENT TOPICS IN MOLECULAR BIOLOGY

PRESENTED BY THE ASSOCIATION OF GRADUATE STUDENTS

IN BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES

Saturday March 25, 1995

Moot Court, Osgoode Hall

York University

4700 Keele Street, North York, Ont.

     10:00 a.m.     Dr. Seigo Izumo

                    University of Michigan Medical Center

                    Molecular Studies of Cardiac Hypertrophy

     11:15 a.m.     Dr. Chris Smith

                    University of Cambridge

                    Molecular Mechanisms of Alternative Splicing

     1:30 p.m.      Dr. Bruce McClure

                    University of Missouri

                    The Role of Ribonucleases in Pollen Recognition

                    and Rejection

     2:45 p.m.      Dr. Greg Vanlerberghe

                    Michigan State University

                    Alternative Oxidase Function and Regulation in

                    Plant Mitochondria

     3:45 p.m.      Dr. James W. Truman

                    University of Washington

                    Cyclic GMP and Mechanisms Underlying Nervous

                    System Development and Behaviour in Insects

     5:00 p.m.      Dinner with the speakers

                    at the Grad Lounge (7th Floor Ross)

NO REGISTRATION FEE

For further information contact:

ELAINE CRAIG, Symposium Co-Chair

(416) 736-2100 ext. 77832

FS300267 at sol.yorku.ca

We gratefully acknowledge financial assistance from the following:

Dalton Chemicals Inc.            Department of Biology

SeeDNA Biotech Inc.              Faculty of Graduate Studies

Beta Reproduction Inc.           York University Biological Society

Triumph Howard Johnson (Plaza-Hotel, North York)

--
Geoffrey Carman  : I just posted this stuff, don't shoot the messenger.  :)
geoffc at yorku.ca