ICL'96 Home Page Established

Pavel KROH kroh at ns.karlov.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Oct 9 18:51:59 EST 1995

A Home Page of

10th International Conference on Luminescence and Optical Spectroscopy of
                            Condensed Matter

has been established at http://kchf-45.karlov.mff.cuni.cz/

Up-to-date information are also avaliable

via anonymous ftp at ns.karlov.mff.cuni.cz/pub/ICL96/

The conference will be held in Prague, Czech Republic in August 18-23, 1996.

Preliminary applications are accepted before the end of November.

Pavel Kroh, webmaster.

ABOUT THE CONFERENCE:

SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM
The conference will consist of keynote plenary lectures, invited and
contributed oral communications in two parallel sessions, and of poster
sessions. Poster sessions will be utilized for informal and stimulating
discussions and exchange between participants.

TOPICS OF THE CONFERENCE
 1.  Bulk semiconductors
 2.  Rare-earth and Transition-Metal Ions in  Insulators
 3.  Microstructures and Restricted Geometries
 4.  Disordered and Amorphous Materials
 5.  Organic Materials
 6.  Fluorescent Probes
 7.  Biological Systems
 8.  Point Centers and Defects in Crystals
 9.  Scintillators
10.  Non-linear Processes
11.  Ultra-fast Phenomena
12.  Coherent Processes
13.  Excitons and Collective Phenomena
14.  Energy Transfer and Dynamics
15.  Electroluminescence
16.  Fluorescence Microscopy
17.  Applications in Ecology
18.  Novel Techniques
19.  Others

The scope of  ICL'96 will be open to all aspects of fundamental and applied
luminescence research, including both experimental and theoretical
investigations. However, in selecting the contributed and poster papers,
priority will be given to those with the above given topics. The organizers of
the ICL'96 also want to present  luminescence applications in modern
technologies, such as:
- LED and semiconductor lasers
- new luminescence materials
- solid state laser materials,
- scintillators
- non-linear organic and inorganic materials
- ecological monitoring.
We believe that in the program we will find a good equilibrium both between
theoretical and experimental aspects of  luminescence research, and between
presentations of inorganic, organic and biological systems and materials.

SATELITE CONFERENCES
organized before and after the ICL''96: The International Workshop on
Electroluminescence
(Prof. H.-E. Gumlich, Technical University Berlin) Berlin, Germany, August 13-
15, 1996
The 2nd International Conference on Fluorescent Probes and Fluorescence
Microscopy  (Prof. J. Slavik, Czech  Acad. Sci.) Prague, Czech Republic,
August 25-28, 1996

ALSO
Another meeting - ESCON'96 (Prof M. Schreiber, Technical University Chemnitz-
Zwikau) - related to the ICL'96 will be organized in Bad Schandau, Germany,
August 15-17, 1996

I wish to receive for my participation at the ICL'96:
Second Circular
Call for Papers

[ ]    yes                          [ ]    no

title          given name                      family name
address

country                                           zip code
e-mail

phone _____________________________________________________

fax   _____________________________________________________

J. Hala - ICL'96
Department of Chemical Physics & Optics
Faculty of Mathematics & Physics
Charles University, CZ 121 16 Prague 2
Ke Karlovu 3, Czech Republic

e-mail: halaicl at karlov.mff.cuni.cz
phone : +422 21911421
fax   : +422 21911249

Pavel KROH,
Dep. Chem. Physics & Optics,   e-mail: kroh at karlov.mff.cuni.cz
Fac. Maths & Physics,          tel.  : (+42-2) 2191 1307
Charles University PRAGUE      fax   : (+42-2) 2191 1249
Czech Republic		       URL   : http://kchf-45.karlov.mff.cuni.cz